Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform. With our Shopify connector, you can connect to any number of Shopify stores and automatically import delivery orders from a Shopify website.
You can also pick which delivery method you want to take care of.
Connecting to a Shopify Store
1. Navigate to Configuration > Integration and scroll down to the “Shopify” section.
2. Click the “Add Store” button. You will see the following popup.
3. Fill out the required fields:
- Store Name – any name of the store that you will later recognise
- Pickup Location – enter the postal address of the pickup point for all orders coming from this Shopify store.
- Pickup Phone – phone number of the store
- Service Type – select a service type that will be assigned to all jobs coming from this store
- Priority – select a priority that will be assigned to all jobs coming from this store
- Shipping Method – paste in the name of the shipping rate that you want to take care of. This needs to be provided by the Shopify store admin and it needs to be entered exactly as set up in Shopify. In order to receive all orders irrespective of the chosen shipping method, please leave the field empty.
- Customer Mapping – You need to select a customer within your Zoom Courier Software dashboard, that all jobs coming in from this store will be attributed to for billing. You will need to make sure that the customer account exists prior to connecting their store. You can create customers in the Customers section.
- Click the SAVE button – you will be presented with the webhook URL in the following popup:
- Copy the URL to your clip board and send it to the Shopify admin to set up the webhook in their Shopify store admin. Instructions for the Shopify admin:
1) From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Notifications
2) Scroll down to the Webhooks section.
3) Click the Create webhook button. A new window should appear.
4) From the first drop-down, select the “Event” from the following list – please add two webhooks accordingly:
- Order creation: a webhook will be sent every time an order is created.
- Order cancellation: a webhook will be sent every time an order is cancelled.
5) From the second drop-down, choose the JSON format.
6) Under URL, enter this webhook URL.
7) Click Add webhook. Your webhook should now appear under the “Webhooks” section. Please note that you need to add two webhooks, one for “order creation” and one for “order cancellation”.
Once the above is done, your Shopify connection should work and any new order with the selected shipping rate should be imported automatically. Always make sure that you test this by creating a test order in Shopify and verifying that it has been imported correctly. Then, cancel the order in Shopify to verify that it gets cancelled in your dashboard.